Parts alone don't fix old carburetors.
don't "put 'em back together just the way the factory
we build and update 'em to lastand to function
the twenty-first century --- and we make 'em look authentic, too!!
Please send a detailed description of the work,
the carburetor's model number (if known) and a $100 per piece deposit
ONLY ..and hold the actual work until we contact you. Thanks
Among American-built carbs, we specialize in restoring many
carburetors including Carter, Johnson, Marvel, Rayfield,
Schebler, Stewart/Detroit Lubricator, Stromberg, Tillotson and Zenith. Sorry, we no longer restore any Holley-built carburetors.
Among European-built carbs, we specialize in Solex,
some Weber models and Zenith
4 months +/-
Please call 800-945-2272 for details.
Welcome to The Old Carb Doctor, where skilled functional and cosmetic
restoration of your original equipment-type carburetor or fuel pump
has been our only business since 1989;
we do not have parts, kits, cores or finished carburetors
for sale. Below are just some of the techniques typically
employed in the process of a high-quality restoration of your carb
and/or pump core:
*Digital photographs taken for reference prior to (and sometimes
during) disassembly - this applies particularly to
very unusual or early carbs.
*Complete disassembly and thorough cleaning of all components.
* Checking all specifications and characteristics for accuracy.
* Replacing or re-seating of all passage plugs.
* Rebushing of throttle shaft bores.
* Resurfacing or press-matching of all gasket / diaphragm mating surfaces.
* Updates to address various driveablitiy problems are performed on most carburetors.
* Bead-blasting of all castings to remove oxidation and corrosion.
* Tumble-polishing of all steel and brass components.
* Appropriate refinishing of all blasted and polished pieces.
* Reassembly of refinished components using high quality parts and
modern sealing methods.
* Installation of a new cork or nitrophyl plastic float (where used),
or reconditioning / replacement of brass float.
* Adjustment to bench specifications whenever available.
* Multiple wet and dry bench tests of your completed carburetor
or pump to ensure predictable operation.
* Provision of a warranty against functional defects in material
and workmanship for a period of six months from installation
(please see important warranty details and limitations
on warranty page).
At The Old Carb Doctor, we do not shy away from "going a bit farther"
to ensure a satisfying experience:
* We urge you to send any brass fuel or air fittings installed on
your carb/pump so that we can detail them and ensure that they fit
properly without leaks. Fittings will be returned in the same position
and orientation in which they arrived.
*Upon returning your restored components to you, we double-box and
double-address them and insure them to a realistic value, and
we strongly suggest that you send them to us in like manner.
Loss or damage is extremely rare when this shipping technique is
*We maintain a dialogue with our customers to ensure that we are
"on the same page" to minimize any sort of disappointment.
* We try our best to accommodate realistic turn-around time requests
-- but please be aware that I haven't figured out how to clone myself
yet, hence I can only accomplish so much work in so much time when
we are "slam covered up"!
Here at The Old Carb Doctor, we work on a wide range of carburetors
through 1980 and mechanical screw-together fuel pumps through the
mid-sixties. It is easier to enumerate those components upon which
we do not work than to list those which we do. What
follows is a brief list of the fuel systems on which The Old Carb
Doctor does not work: We DO NOT restore:
* Fuel injection units of any type.
* Electronic feedback carburetors.
* Holley carburetors.
* Chandler-Grove one-barrel carburetors used on late 1930s Packards.
* Some Japanese carburetors of later manufacture.
* Most aftermarket carburetors.
* "Hot Rod" carburetion.
* Aircraft carburetors.
* Electric fuel pumps.
* Crimped-together fuel pumps (those not assembled with screws).
* Foreign-built fuel pumps.
Here at The Old Carb Doctor, high-quality restoration service of OEM-type
carburetors and fuel pumps is all that we provide. WE DO NOT SELL
KITS, PARTS, CORES OR RESTORED CARBS OR PUMPS! ADDITIONALLY, WE DO
NOT PERFORM PIECEMEAL WORK - ONLY COMPREHENSIVE RESTORATIONS! Throttle
base rebushing is the only exception to this policy. Sorry,
but calls for other than restoration services will not be returned;
doing so is simply too time-consuming and costly for a small operation
such as ours to absorb.
A deposit of $100.00 per carburetor and $50.00 per fuel pump is usually
requested to accompany each job. This is primarily to help defray
the cost of purchasing parts, or the cost of return-shipping carburetors
or fuel pumps which are found to be beyond economical repair. In
such a case, the balance of the deposit not used for return shipping
is refunded to the customer. There is no charge for estimates.
Thanks for visiting; we hope that you will choose The Old Carb Doctor
for all of you antique fuel system restoration needs.